Saturday, May 12, 2012

Hunger Games AVENGED

So in the scatteredness (is that a word?) of life and stuff, I forgot to write a blog post after I saw The Hunger Games. That is about to be remedied
I went twice, once at midnight and once with my family at a more normal hour. The midnight one was sort of weird; I felt a little dead and empty by the end, just because it was so late. It was nice to see it again while I was actually able to comprehend and detox after in a coherent way. At the same time, it wasn't like I didn't understand or felt tired during the first viewing; I just couldn't really spend time thinking about it afterwards.
Thoughts are as follows:
-The book translated SO WELL to screen. It really read like a screenplay, so the transition to film was beautiful.
-I love how they managed to work in details about the arena and the world in the movie; in the book, Katniss internally narrates, so it was great that they used things like commentators to provide that background information
-Lenny Kravitz as Cinna was creepy. Sorry to everyone who loved him, he just did not do it for me. In the books, Cinna is very clearly NOT interested in girls; Lenny Kravitz didn't manage to convey that in the movie. There were times when he seemed gay, and times when he seemed oddly touchy and it was like the two had a Thing. Which was not okay.
-At first, I thought I didn't really like the way President Snow was played, since I pictured him as a walking skeleton, but on the second viewing I decided I was okay with Donald Sutherland. It wasn't exactly how I pictured it, but it worked.
-JOSH HUNKERSON WELL HELLO
-The scenes with "I volunteer as tribute!" and Rue were heartbreaking but amazing.
-I don't like that they turned Haymitch into a "ha ha funny sarcastic drunk guy who supports Katniss" instead of the cynical, caustic, and extremely traumatized alchoholic that he should be.
-I LOVE YOU STANLEY TUCCI NO MATTER WHAT COLOR YOUR HAIR IS

Also just saw The Avengers.
-It was epic
-It was awesome
-It was funny
-HI CHRIS EVANS
-HI MARK RUFFALO
-HI JEREMY RENNER
-HI ROBERT DOWNEY JR
-ScarJo is a badass and awesome and yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment