Saturday, April 30, 2011

Boring Updates (or all the things that make up my life)

Hey, guess what I haven't done in a long time? Updated the number of books I've read this year! My rate of reading has shown a remarkable decline in the past few weeks, but give me a break, next week is AP testing.
So: we're now at 311 for the year, which is sad, because the year's almost at the halfway mark, and I'm nowhere close to being near 50.
My family and I saw Jersey Boys this last Thursday. Now, I haven't been able to properly express my love of musicals on this blog for a little while now, and unfortunately, while Jersey Boys was amazing in its own right, I don't think it's one of my favorite musicals ever, mainly because it was more like a super long concert with some narration in between the songs than an actual musical-story. Not to say I didn't like it. I did. It was awesome.
I also saw Water for Elephants tonight. I enjoyed it; I've read the book, though I didn't really remember all of it so I had more of a feeling of deja vu throughout the entire movie than true recognition. I have to say, Robert Pattinson looks decent when he's not in horribly weird face make-up, and constantly making his constipated face (though never fear, the face still showed up in this movie for a cameo appearance in at least two scenes).

In other non-entertainment-centric news: I have a semi-job now! Hooray, I'm not a failure as a human!

It's cleaning (tidying up, vacuuming, swiffering) a neighbor's house once or twice a week. The neighbor and her husband are both gone a lot, and they have three boys and a cat, so...yes. It pays $12 an hour, and I can go over whenever I'm free. It's awesome.
I also passed all my certification tests! Hooray extra $25 a week at camp!
I'm going to fail my IB Music test this week! Hooray!



1(For those interested the books read since the last update are...
The Glass Menagerie
In Defense of Food
A Long Way From Chicago
Garden Spells
Heart of Darkness
Sabriel
The Dark Lord of Derkholm
Sunshine
100 Years of Solitude
Ratus a l'hopital
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof -
Lirael

No comments:

Post a Comment